Now 6-years old, The Garden Brewery is settling into our beautiful new facility complete with glass atrium taproom and huge garden in Zagreb, Croatia. We make a wide range of beers, from classic core styles to over 170 specials to date. These are distributed widely within Croatia and exported to 30+ nations globally; across Europe, Asia and Australia.
As we continue to strive to be one of Europe’s best craft breweries, we are expanding our production team by hiring a new brewery operative(s).
A brewery operative position at The Garden will involve participation across all aspects of production, wort production, cellaring, and packaging. Successful candidates will have a strong focus on process and quality, enjoy problem solving, and work positively within a team environment.
- Wort production on 4 vessel 27hl brew house, reporting to wort production manager.
- Milling of malts.
- CIP of fermentation vessels, dry hopping, fruiting, and bulk beer transfer reporting to cellar manager.
- Conducting daily checks on fermenting beers and basic laboratory tasks.
- Participation in quality assurance panels.
- Kegging, and operation of a 12 head linear canning line as part of the packaging team, reporting to the packaging manager.
- Operation of a forklift vehicle and aiding logistics staff with management of incoming and outgoing stock.
- Representation of the brewery at industry events.
The ideal candidate would display the following qualities:
- Proactive and positive approach to work.
- Strong interest in craft beer and quality.
- Motivation to learn new workplace skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Understanding the importance of hygiene and safety in a production environment.
- Command of spoken and written English.
Preference will be shown for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Entry level brewing qualification or undergraduate degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a brewery or similar production environment.
- Forklift license
- Permission to work within the EU.
Salary based upon qualifications and experience. To be considered for this role, please email [email protected] with your CV and references.