Now 5-years old The Garden Brewery is expanding its site after rapid growth; finalising our move to a beautiful new facility complete with glass atrium taproom and huge garden in Zagreb, Croatia. We make a wide range of beers, from classic core styles to over 170 specials to date. These are distributed widely within Croatia and exported to 30+ nations globally; across Europe, Asia and Australia.
We have big plans to be one of Europe’s very best breweries and new brewing projects are underway related to product innovation and sustainability. To deliver this we’re expanding our production team.
A brewery operative position at The Garden will involve participation across all aspects of production, wort production, cellaring, and packaging. Successful candidates will have a strong focus on process and quality, enjoy problem solving, and work positively within a team environment. Hours are arranged around a four day on, three day off rotating shift pattern.
- Wort production on 4 vessel 27hl brew house, reporting to wort production manager.
- Milling of malts.
- CIP of fermentation vessels, dry hopping, fruiting, and bulk beer transfer reporting to cellar manager.
- Conducting daily checks on fermenting beers and basic laboratory tasks.
- Participation in quality assurance panels.
- Kegging, and operation of a 12 head linear canning line as part of the packaging team, reporting to the packaging manager.
- Operation of a forklift vehicle and aiding logistics staff with management of incoming and outgoing stock.
- Representation of the brewery at industry events.
The ideal candidate would display the following qualities:
- Proactive and positive approach to work.
- Strong interest in craft beer and quality.
- Motivation to learn new workplace skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Understanding the importance of hygiene and safety in a production environment.
- Command of spoken and written English.
Preference will be shown for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Entry level brewing qualification or undergraduate degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a brewery or similar production environment.
- Forklift license
- Permission to work within the EU.
Salary based upon qualifications and experience. To be considered for this role, please email [email protected] with your CV and references. Application deadline closes Friday 3rd December.