The Garden Brewery: Digital Marketing, Social & Content Manager
Start Date: ASAP (Early 2020 is possible for the right person)
Based in Zagreb, the Croatian capital, in a 2000 sqm2 red-brick warehouse with a 500+ capacity taproom and venue we’ve recently been awarded the Best Brewery in the EU (voted by 50,000+ members of the world’s biggest beer club). We’ve made over 80 beers since opening in Autumn 2016 and export to 10+ countries including UK, France, Australia, Germany, Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland, Netherlands… We were the first craft brewery in the region to make many styles: Sours, New Englands, Single Hops, Milkshake IPAs… and have an active experimental series and innovation program. We can, cold store and run an in-house Lab. Other awards include RateBeer Best New Brewery and Top 10 Porter in the World. Within The Garden Brewery group we have award-winning music festivals by the Adriatic Sea, bars and a club. Key partners include food festivals, Michelin-star restaurants and key events in Croatia; Christmas Market, Burgerfest… We have been invited to, and are present at, an increasing number of significant, global beer festivals.
This newly created role is part of a further expansion as we enter an ambitious second phase of The Garden Brewery. Other new roles include brewing staff and an export sales manager. The new Marketing Manager will work closely with the Brewery Director, Export Manager, Head of Production and local sales & events teams to finalise a marketing strategy that will include raising awareness, building relationships and driving sales both locally and internationally. The language for content and social will be English.
The salary package will depend on the individual and reflect previous experience.
Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Inputting into and helping finalising our Marketing and Promotion Strategies
- Content generation [text, photos and videos] for our website and social channels (English language)
- Managing, developing and improving our Social channels: FB, Instagram, Twitter (& Untappd) – including analytics and using results to identify trends and insights to improve our digital strategy
- Creating and overseeing distribution of email newsletters
- Online Shop strategy and promotion: beers, merchandise… .
- Maximising opportunities and synergies within our Group (including our music festivals) and with our partners and friends
- Interacting and working with people across the business
- Proofreading copy produced by other business members to ensure quality and consistent tone
- Managing the promotion and release of special beers, in coordination with the taproom and production teams.
- KPIs related to posts, growth, engagement and ecommerce to be agreed.
- Supporting the brewery at local and international beer festivals and events
- This role will involve some local and international travel; and some evening and weekend work
We will consider applications from a junior person with a knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and what we do.
Desirable Skills & experience:
- English as a first language, or proficient to a C1 level.
- Strong work ethic
- Existing craft beer industry knowledge
- Proven relevant experience
- Analytical skills and strategic awareness
- Communication skills to work well within the brewery
- Ability to travel frequently and widely
- Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and The Garden Brewery
- Relocation support is available if needed.
Deadline for applications is Friday 1st November. Start date can vary from ASAP to early 2020.