The Garden Brewery: Export Sales Manager
Start Date: ASAP (Early 2020 is possible for the right person)
Based in Zagreb, the Croatian capital, in a 2000 sqm2 red-brick warehouse with a 500+ capacity taproom and venue we’ve recently been awarded the Best Brewery in the EU (voted by 50,000+ members of the world’s biggest beer club). We’ve made over 80 beers since opening in Autumn 2016 and export to 10+ countries including UK, France, Australia, Germany, Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland, Netherlands… We were the first craft brewery in the region to make many styles: Sours, New Englands, Single Hops, Milkshake IPAs… and have an active experimental series and innovation program. We can, cold store and run an in-house Lab. Other awards include RateBeer Best New Brewery and Top 10 Porter in the World. Within The Garden Brewery group we have award-winning music festivals by the Adriatic Sea, bars and a club. Key partners include food festivals, Michelin-star restaurants and key events in Croatia; Christmas Market, Burgerfest… We have been invited to, and are present at, an increasing number of significant, global beer festivals.
This is a newly created and senior role as part of a further expansion as we enter an ambitious second phase of The Garden Brewery. Other new roles include brewing staff and a digital marketing/social expert. Our new Export Sales Manager will work closely with the Brewery Director and Head of Production to consolidate and expand our Export sales (current growth is high), a role that will involve extensive travel and some evening and weekend work. Being based outside of Croatia will be considered for the right person.
The salary package will depend on the individual and reflect previous experience; bonus opportunities will exist. Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer is essential as is an ability to both sell and account manage. An existing member of staff will manage the customs and transport paperwork (EMCS etc).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop (with the Director and Head of Production) an export strategy and timeline
- To grow export in a long-term sustainable manner via classic and non-classic routes to market (distribution partners, direct deals, online, events, beer festivals…)
- To add new nations via the right partners (who buy in to what we’re doing) and ensure these relationships grow to establish us: via ongoing management and ideas
- To maximise export profitability
- To suggest and help organise appropriate collab brews
- To represent The Garden Brewery at international craft beer festivals (sometimes alone, sometimes with other staff), tastings and special events
- To input into our merchandise development
- To input into our ‘specials’ production program to ensure we stay relevant in all nations
- Achieve agreed targets
- Communicate sales results on an agreed regular basis
There will be opportunities to input into other aspects of our fast-moving business, for example the development of a new beer festival on the Adriatic Sea at our festival site (with on-site beach, restaurant, apartments, bars…)
Desirable Skills & experience:
- Strong negotiation skills, work ethic and an ability to close deals
- Existing relevant contacts within the industry
- Account/Distributor Management experience
- Ability to identify customer and market needs, challenges and opportunities
- Analytical skills and strategic awareness
- Capability to influence buyers to focus on us
- Communication skills to work well within the brewery
- Ability to give professional and effective sales presentations
- Ability to travel frequently and widely
- Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and The Garden Brewery
- Relocation support is available if needed.
To apply, or for more information, email Brewery Director David Plant on email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday 1st November. Start date can vary from ASAP to early 2020.